How many ways to instantly access Google search from FireFox browser are there? Let’s try to find the best one:
|How much customization allowed||Advanced search access||Access to other Google Services|
|FireFox search plugins||Highly customizable||Yes||Yes|
|FireFox “smart keywords”||Highly customizable||Yes||Yes|
|Google search bookmarklets||Can be customized if you are a tech geek||No (unless you create one that has one?)||No (unless you create one that has one?)|
|Kallout desktop application||Poorly customized||No||Yes|
|CyberSearch FireFox plugin||Poorly customized||No||Yes|
|Google Toolbar||Poorly customized||No||Yes|
2. Use FireFox “smart keywords” feature allows you to search right from the address bar. Like with the above one, you can customize the search to your heart’s content adding any advanced search parameters or using any advanced search operators.
You can achieve some customization by using this handy tool that allows to create and customize your own search bookmarklet.
4. Access Google search (as well as many other search engines) with Kallout – a desktop application that integrates with FireFox (and also Outlook, txt files, etc).
5. CyberSearch FireFox plugin is another way to search Google from the address bar.
These are supported Google services :
- gweb – Google general search;
- gloc – Google local search;
- gvid – Google video search;
- gblog – Google blog search;
- gnews – Google news search;
- gbook – Google book search;
- gimg – Google image search;
- gpat – Google patent search.
6. Tweak your FireFox about:config (tip by FireFox facts).
Just type into your address bar about:config, search for keyword.URL, and modify the string:
7. Google Toolbar – the most obvious way to access Google search.
It offers quite a few handy options (yet it unfortunately doesn’t allow access to advanced operators).
This post was contributed by my good friend Gab Goldenberg on behalf of Done SEO