We’ve all seen some drastic changes in the local search sphere since late October. With Google formally rolling out its “Places Search” initiative and effectively eliminating the local 7-pack results, both businesses and local search optimization providers alike have been experiencing volatility in the new rankings.
While the local search ranking algorithm may have changed with the introduction of “Places Search”, some key elements still remain unaltered such as the importance of building citation links.
Most of my fellow local search industry buddies, including myself have published our own lists of Canadian citation sources over the past few years. Earlier today, in one of our email threads, Mike Blumenthal came up with the idea of publishing a summary of all citation resources together. Moments later, I had my WordPress tab open and jumped at the opportunity of creating the ultimate resource for Canadian citations on our blog.
Before I go ahead with the list, here’s a quick recap explaining the importance of submitting a business to these citation sources:
- Increases the different number of sources to which your Place Page can be linked to, eventually increasing your dominance in local SERPs
- Gives your business a wider platform to reach out to your target audience
- Allows you engage with your community, increase brand awareness, build trust and consumer loyalty
- Consumers can leave their feedback via reviews and recommendations on such sites
- Some of these listings get indexed quickly, allowing you to maximize and dominate your citations in search results
So here it is, the ultimate resource for all Canadian citations published!
- The Canadian Guide to Local SEO Citations by Dev Basu
- The Guide to Canadian Citations for Local Search by David Mihm
- The Canadian Guide to Local SEO Citations Updated by Shagun Vatsa
- Canadian Citations – Mid-Year Updates by Jim Rudnick
- Google Maps: Citations, Reviews & User Content by Matthew Hunt
- Local Search Rankings in Canada by StepForth Web Marketing
Happy citation building
If you are looking for help with your marketing efforts, contact us for a FREE 30 minute consultation!