Here is today’s daily recap on the latest news with the world of inbound marketing! Learn how to use emotion to engage your audience, how to develop your content strategy as well as creating the perfect posts on various social media channels.

 Listen Up! 8 Benefits of Social Listening by Valerie Levin

girl listeningDistributing content shouldn’t be the only task on your agenda as an inbound marketer. Social listening plays a major part in the customer-centric puzzle and this blog explains 8 good reasons why.

“According to a report from Exact Target’s 2014 State of Marketing Report, 60% of marketers were using social listening strategies in 2013. What about the other 40%? The thing is, marketers often cast aside social listening because of the insane amount of information that’s out there. It can be overwhelming to dive in and separate the signal from the noise, unless you have a great social media automation tool that easily does this for you.”

How To Create Perfect Posts for Blog, YouTube, Tumblr, Vine, Google+, Facebook & Twitter: Version 4 [Infographic] by Steph Dowling

social media postsReady. Set. Post! …And post again! Social media isn’t just a race to the finish line anymore. It’s not who’s on it first, but who’s making an impression. Who’s driving traffic? This quick-glance infographic is the perfect stepping stone to creating the optimum post for your social platforms.

“With blogging being one of the best ways to bring traffic to your site and YouTube being one of the most effective marketing tools out there, we thought it only right that they were included in the latest revision of our ‘Perfect Posts’ infographic.”

How to Best Optimize Your Content Strategy by Razvan Gavrilas

maze strategyThere are many misconceptions about what content strategies are and often people confuse them with content marketing. However, it is important to be aware of the difference and how to develop a long-term plan for how your organization will deliver content that engages potential clients.

“In it’s essence, content strategy has existed on the internet since its infancy. At that time, most people just ignored the topic because it wasn’t of interest. Content strategy became a hot topic recently and is considered one of the most prolific SEO practices today. Before, SEO was all about creating tactics to spur your ranking in Google. And people tasked with this challenge were quite inventive with their techniques.”

Puppies and the Titanic: The Science of Emotion in Marketing by Courtney Seiter

smiley face emotionsThe cliché “don’t let your emotions get in the way” is a pretty common piece of advice to receive from others. However, in Seiter’s article she discusses why that might be the worst piece of advice to both give and also follow. Seiter takes a close look at the four basic human emotions: happy, sad, afraid/surprised, and angry/disgusted, to discuss how they form and the way they can actually motivate us to surprising actions.

“Every day it seems like we feel hundreds of different emotions – each nuanced and specific to the physical and social situations we find ourselves in. According to science, it’s not that complicated by a long shot. A new study says we’re really only capable of four “basic” emotions: happy, sad, afraid/surprised, and angry/disgusted. But much like the “mother sauces” of cooking allow you to make pretty much any kind of food under the sun, these four “mother emotions” meld together in myriad ways in our brains to create our layered emotional stews.”

Tagged with: 05/14/14, daily recap, Inbound Marketing, My Clever Agency, Oktopost, Search Engine Journal

About Koby Leung

Koby is a Digital Marketing Assistant at Powered by Search. Connect with him on Google+.