Powered by Search is experiencing rapid growth in our client base and we are looking for a talented SEO Expert/Link Builder to join our team. If you have a zest for link building, a passion for search, and hunger to learn and work with some of the best internet marketers in Canada then we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
About Powered by Search Inc.
Powered by Search is a leading provider of Search Engine Optimization, Local Search, and general Internet Marketing services. Our clients range from SMB’s and SME’s to large corporations seeking consultancy in internet marketing, e-commerce, and increasing visibility through search engines.
Powered by Search’s team actively writes about SEO and Local Search and is also a recommended local search consultant on GetListed.org. We are only 1 of 2 Canadian companies to have contributed to the definitive source of Local Search information at the 2009 Local Search Ranking Factors Survey. We are also a Google Adwords Certified Partner and amongst TopSEO’s Best in Local Search companies in Canada.
What We’re Looking For
Our rapidly growing online marketing agency requires a talented Search Engine Optimization Specialist who is well versed in all areas of internet marketing. Are you a link building ninja who takes pride in the website you’ve ranked? If so, then we want to talk to you.
Powered by Search offers a fast paced, young and exciting environment where the candidate will have an opportunity to work with clients from a wide array of industries such as:
- Hotels & Hospitality
- Real Estate
- Technology Startups
- Contractor & Commercial Services
Our superstar SEO specialist will be responsible for strategizing and implementing online marketing campaigns for multiple clients at a time. The candidate will also be required to report campaign progress and troubleshoot any client queries.
- Keyword Research, Link Analysis, Search Engine Results Analysis, SEO Audits and Site Reviews
- Blogging, Content Creation Ideas, Documentation of SEO Implementation, Sharing your SEO Knowledge with our team and clients.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, XML, PHP required. We don’t expect you to code, but we do expect you to understand code.
- Implementation of code samples. Eg: placing tracking and conversion scripts. Working with FTP, SSL is also an asset.
The right candidate needs to be well versed in all aspects of Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing. We love a person who is in the know and isn’t afraid to voice out his opinions. So if you’re out there on Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon or write your own blog, we already like you!
However, the following requirements are essential to being a superstar in this role:
- A Bachelor’s degree or a College diploma. We don’t care in what!
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work full time in our Toronto office 5 days a week.
- At least 1 year of hands-on work experience in search engine optimization with a track record for successfully improving both individual rankings for keywords/phrases and improving overall site traffic through wide scale application of best practices. The right candidate will have got their hands deep in the trenches of link research, requests, building, and acquisition.
NOTE: We are not accepting resumes for candidates residing outside Canada. Work at home related or virtual workers resumes will also not be accepted. This job opening is strictly for candidates who either live in the Greater Toronto Area or are willing to relocate to the Greater Toronto Area from elsewhere in Canada.
Supplemental Requirements (Things we consider to be an asset)
- Experience in running intermediate level PPC campaigns is an asset.
- Knowledge of Local SEO and Maps based optimization.
- Experience in running social media campaigns.
- Sales experience in pitching SEO and online marketing programs.
Why Work for Powered by Search Inc?
Powered by Searach Inc offers its employees with an exciting, fast-paced and challenging environment with an opportunity to grow within the company. Our successful candidate will have a chance to work with some of the largest companies in Canada which will enhance their search marketing portfolio.
We’re offering a competitive salary for this entry level position (based on experience), in order to attract exciting candidates. In addition, we also provide:
- 2 weeks of annual paid vacation
- Christmas Bonuses
- Paid training and skills enhancement packages.
- Possible commuter bonuses.
How to Apply
- Create a cover letter indicating your background and experience in the industry and why you would like to work with Powered by Search. We encourage personality and discourage drab cookie cutter templates.
- Tailor your resume to show case SEO/SEM projects where you had a direct role in generating rankings, traffic, leads, and conversions.
- Include your salary requirements in your cover letter. This position has room for growth but we need a specific range to consider your application.
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please note that we will not be accepting phone calls or any other forms of applying other than via email.