Now in its 3rd year, David Mihm’s Local Search Ranking Factors study continues to provide definitive insights in the world of Local Search (Google Maps, Location Based Services, You name it’s covered). This year Powered by Search made it as the only other company in North America to have two panelists (@Shagun Vatsa and yours truly) featured in the study, and the only Canadian company to have the same honour (see how that’s spelt honour and not honor).
For those of you eager to know the top 10 factors affecting your map rankings in the 1, 3 or 7 pack, here they are:
1. Claiming your Google Place Page/Local Listing
2. Have a Business Address in the City That is Being Searched
3. Associate Your Google Place Page with the Proper Categories
4. Put Your Product/Service Keyword in Your Place Page Business Title
5. Proximity of Your Address to the Searched City’s Centroid
6. Product/Service Keywords in your Google Place Pages Description
7. Associating Photos with your Google Place Page
8. Associating Local Area Code with your Primary Place Page Phone Number
9. Associating Place Page with Marginally Related Categories
10. Location Keyword in Place Pages Business Title
Local SEO is only going to get tougher this year as there is more saturation and competition in every industry vertical under the sun, but we’re well equipped to react proactively rather than reactively to such changes.
Unsure about how to move forward with your digital marketing? Contact us for a FREE 30 minute consultation!