I wrapped up my Day 1 by attending the Video Optimization Clinic with moderator Jon Myers from the SES Advisory Board & Head of Search/Associate Director at Mediavestand, and Greg Jarboe, President & Co-Founder of SEO-PR.
Greg started the session by providing the audience some great statistics about video search:
- 21.7 million Canadians watched over 4 billion videos in April.
- Close to 19.1 m Canadians watched 2.2 billion videos on YouTube in April.
- 54.1% of all videos watched on YouTube were in Canada.
Important optimization points:
- Views and reviews are very important. They are a vital ranking factor and can be related to the importance of having a large number of inbound links to rank highly in organic search.
- Views resulting from the clicks on promoted videos (sponsored videos) can enhance organic video ranking.
- Auto-fill feature is a good way to do keyword research.
- YouTube Keyword Research Tool can also be used to carry out keyword research for video search.
- Video Title: Can be 120 characters. Tip: Put brand name at the end of title.
- Video Description: Can be 5000 characters long. Tip: Make it short but detailed and include URLs with http://
- Video Tags: Can be 120 characters. Tip: Include brand name, city, topics.