5 Quick Tips to Increase Your YouTube Engagement by 200%
Last updated: July 30th, 2014
It is no secret that video presence on the web has become a vital tool in both social and business interaction. Videos, viral or otherwise, are the most shared form of social content trumping infographics, curated posts and traditional blogs on a daily basis. Therefore, it is essential that one become good at engaging their potential audience with informative and shareable content. In this post we shall discuss the 5 easy ways to increase your YouTube Channel engagement considerably. Allowing you to not only attract a wider and more diverse viewership, but potentially retain customers and generate leads.
Converse With Your Audience (Be that friend they never knew they needed)
When making your videos always being mindful that you are addressing people. Treat engagement online like a conversation in real life. Although they may not be able to interact with you, talk to them as if they were.
- Make your points clear, simple and digestible
- Emphasize important steps or tips
- Provide humor when applicable (less lecturing and more jestering can go a long way)
- Recap by repeating key points
Post Content Consistently
A sure and proven way to establish and maintain engagement is to be a dependable and consistent source of information. Once you have established a viewership, keep them coming back for more. Post often and keep your content fresh, current and, most of all, invaluable. Remember, there are literally thousands of other vloggers pursuing your core audience. You have to make sure that if you have secured a reputation for information, not to disappoint.
Understand Your Audience
In this age of “fast-food information”, people want what they want, when they want it. Nothing is worst than tuning into a video only to leave feeling that you hadn’t gotten what you had expected. If you have broken the ice of establishing a rapport, make sure that you continue to give them what they crave. If you are a source of information, continue in that vein. If you are a source of entertainment continue to entertain. Remember, people have tuned in for a reason and it’s up to you to pin-point what that is and leverage it in your favor.
Encourage Shares, Likes and Commenting
Engagement is a two-way street that requires both the video and the viewer to succeed. In the age of social media platforms, we have learned, if nothing else, that everyone has an opinion. So, why not allow them to express it through: shares, likes and comments? There is no shame in saying at the end of your video – “if you have found this video helpful, feel free to share, like or comment below”. This says to your viewer that their opinion is valued and that you always want to improve the quality of content you provide. This also provides the opportunity for increased viewership through social proof. However, if you don’t ask – you may not get.
Provide a “Call to Action”
Having a viewer watch your video is great, but that should never be your sole concern. Take advantage of the audience you have acquired and make certain you provide a “call to action” after each and every video. This can be as simple as asking them to subscribe to your YouTube channel or following you on one of the various social platforms. You can provide a link to your website or provide NAP (Name, Address and Phone number) to your business or service. Consider all viewers as an opportunity to be pursued.
Did you know?
YouTube is the second most used search engine on the web only surpassed by the all mighty Google itself. This would mean that to not utilizing such an essential tool would be the equivalent of choosing to sustain one’s self by bread alone (and we all know what they say about that). It can be done for a period, but may end up being detrimental to their over-all development.
With these simple 5 tips for increased YouTube engagement, you can look forward to a long-term viewership following that should result in increased business. If you want some more help from the experts, contact us for a free 25 minute marketing assessment.
What you should do now
Whenever you’re ready…here are 4 ways we can help you grow your B2B software or technology business:
- Claim your Free Marketing Plan. If you’d like to work with us to turn your website into your best demo and trial acquisition platform, claim your FREE Marketing Plan. One of our growth experts will understand your current demand generation situation, and then suggest practical digital marketing strategies to hit your pipeline targets with certainty and predictability.
- If you’d like to learn the exact demand strategies we use for free, go to our blog or visit our resources section, where you can download guides, calculators, and templates we use for our most successful clients.
- If you’d like to work with other experts on our team or learn why we have off the charts team member satisfaction score, then see our Careers page.
- If you know another marketer who’d enjoy reading this page, share it with them via email, Linkedin, Twitter, or Facebook.